- WVMA Members, Attorneys, DAs, Law Enforcement, Humane Officers, CVTs, Practice Managers: $130
- Non-Member Veterinarians: $200
- WVMA Student Members: $90
Registration Deadline: March 23, 2017
CE: 7.2 CE credits available for veterinarians. CE is available for humane officers and for lawyers applied for approval.
Be informed. Be involved. Be present.
Experts from around the country will be discussing animal welfare, abuse and neglect and the roles and responsibilities of everyone involved. Veterinarians are the foundation.
- How to be an Effective Expert Witness on the Stand in Court
Michelle Welch - Senior Assistant Attorney General in the Virginia Attorney General's Office
- The Power & Control Dynamics of Domestic Abuse: How to Stop The Cycle of Abuse
Megan Senatori - Attorney and Partner at DeWitt Ross & Stevens s.c.
Meg Sohns - Community Services Manager at Domestic Abuse Intervention Services
- So, Just What is "Adequate"? Evaluating Animal Welfare Standards and Wisconsin Law
Yvonne M Bellay, DVM, MS - Animal Welfare Programs Manager/Epidemiologist at Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Forensic Psychology Meets Veterinary Forensic Pathology: Making the Connection
Randall Lockwood, Ph.D. - Senior Vice President for Forensic Sciences and Anti-Cruelty Projects at American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Unconscious Unkindness to Animals
J.K. Shearer DVM, MS, Dipl ACAW - Professor at Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Extension Veterinarian