Part Time / Kenosha, WI
Safe Harbor Humane Society, is seeking a skilled, energetic, self-motivated, high volume, high quality Spay/Neuter Veterinarian with knowledge of shelter medicine. Full-time hirer is preferred but also have availability for a part-time hire – We are flexible so please contact for more information. Safe Harbor is expanding, full of opportunities, and a great place for a veterinarian to gain experience. Kenosha, Wisconsin is located in the southeastern part of Wisconsin. Kenosha is a lake front town, with many outdoor activities available. Kenosha is approximately an hour from Milwaukee and Chicago.
The primary responsibilities include performing high-quality, high-volume spay/neuter surgeries for shelter and public animals along with community cats, examining and monitoring health of shelter animals, treatment of shelter animals. Also, the performance of additional surgeries on shelter animals is ideal. These responsibilities are performed in coordination with the Executive Director and clinic staff.
Summary of Qualifications
• DVM or VMD degree from an accredited university.
• Licensed in Wisconsin or ability to become licensed prior to employment
• Current DEA license or ability to obtain prior to employment
• Experience with high volume spay/neuter and pediatric surgeries highly desirabl
• Training through the ASPCA spay/neuter alliance can be arrange if experience and training for the candidate is needed
• There are also volunteer opportunities at area spay/neuter clinics to gain experience while in the presence of other experienced veterinarians
• Experience with shelter medicine practices is desirable
• Provide leadership, direction, guidance and training for veterinary technicians and other shelter staff.
• Public vaccine and wellness clinics
• Help with developing written protocols for the clinic
• Provide emergency medical care as needed
• Educate staff and volunteers regarding animal disease
Chandra Riberich, Executive Director
Bill Bohlman, President- Board of Directors
Safe Harbor Humane Society
7811 60th Ave
Kenosha, WI 53142